Friday, August 21, 2009

Time for Family

Well this week has been a time to reflect on the importance of the family and friends in our lives. This week we have been to a funeral for Adam's cousin, and the most important message from the funeral was that we really need to appreciate our families more and make the effort to spend time with them. You just don't know how long we might have. So today I am going over to one of my sisters houses to have lunch with all the girls. All the girls being all of my sisters and my mum. We try and do this as regular as we can it usually ends up being about once a month, unless we are all really busy. It is something I really enjoy doing, I don't get to socialize with my sisters much, our kids are at school and kindy so it is hard to catch up during the week and by the weekend we are all busy with our husbands and families. It is nice for just the girls to catch up. Of course we have an assortment of children with us from newborns to 4 year old but that is ok, they are usually happy being at someone else's house playing with someone else's toys.

So I just want to let my family know how much I love and appreciate them and all that they do. We can never spend enough time together as a family and I include in that my extended family. The family I married into is as important to me as the one I was born into. I don't even know if any of them read this blog, but I read it so that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment