Saturday, August 8, 2009

Over my head

Today has been a busy day, more for Adam then for me, we decided to put up our kitchen overhead kitchen cabinets. We only got them recently and attempted to put them up last week only to find that we needed an extra bit of wood in the back of each of them to fix it to the wall. So we decided to wait for today. We put all the cabinets together, then Adam put them on the wall with a tiny bit of assistance from me. I was expecting to have to stand underneath these things and hold them up while he fixed them to the wall, but to my suprise he hardly needed me, my shoulders are not sore, my back does not ache and I am greatful for a husband who is so handy. At the moment he is attaching the kickboards and he doesn't even need my help. I have a couple of pictures of our over heads -
As you can see from these pictures we are in the process of tiling, hopefully that will happen in the next week, we only have one wall to go and then we can grout it all and then the kitchen will be complete. That is until I go out and purchase a rangehood. I just wanted everyone to know that I have a very good husband, who has given up his weekends just so my life can be easier. No one likes doing the dishes and I especially don't enjoy cooking dinner, but he has made my kitchen a place I want to be. He has done most of the work himself, we had a bit of help from the family, and knowing that he is capable of doing something like this makes me feel proud of him.




1 comment:

  1. Gemma, your kitchen looks lovely. you should be proud of all the effort you both have made. as for being proud of Adam well that said it all. my heart swelled up and i feel the love you both share.

    ReplyDelete