Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Samuel

It was nice this weekend to go to our own ward and just stay at home after and do normal Sunday things. For the past couple of weekends We have been going to different wards for church, the kids miss going to their own primary classes and I miss talking to some friends. So this week is was nice. They went to primary, enjoyed it and I got to speak to friends. I asked them all later that night what they had learnt. The younger two told stories and spoke about what they did in class but Samuel could not tell me one thing that he learnt. He seems to be going through a phases at the moment. On Sunday morning when I asked him to get dressed he told me he hated church. I asked him why, his response 'I don't know'. I really just think that it is the fact that on Sunday he has to dress up and sit still for 3 hours listening to other people speak. Because at home when we are having lessons and discussions he is quite happy to join in. It was funny a couple of weeks ago we taught the children the story of the boy who cried wolf. We had been having some lying problems and we were hoping this would address the situation in a way the kids could understand. Samuel had a really good idea he took me into the other room and suggested that we do a little play of the story. It worked really good. He was the boy and I was the villagers and the other kids really enjoyed it. So I don't think he really hates church, just that it is boring sometimes and no one wants to be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment