Monday, September 7, 2009

Fathers

Well this weekend we have had Fathers Day. So I just wanted to say a little bit about the Fathers in my life.

First is my father, he is the best dad anyone could ask for. He has massive amounts of patience, he is always kind, he can always say something to cheer you up. He is a fantastic listener. With my dad you can take a long drive without 2 words being spoken and it is not uncomfortable. He is always willing to help, he has the skills and expertise to bless his family. He is often found on the weekends at other peoples homes doing electrical work. He willingly gives up his spare time and I have never heard him complain about it. When he lost his job, he didn't moan or groan about it, he just got on with life. He doesn't hold a grudge. He is fun to be around. As a kid I had so many opportunities to have fun from extreme sports like Jet Skiing, to just having a tickle fight on Sunday afternoon. He has introduced to me most of the music I love now. He wants to spend time with my children. I remember when Samuel was born, dad was in the hospital everyday having lunch with me. He changed the worst nappy you can get and he told me it was such an amazing feeling having a grandchild. Words couldn't describe it for him. But most of all he loves me unconditionally.

Second is my Father in-Law, he is a man who is always willing to help us. We have been in tight situations and he has always been there to help us out. If we ever need advice we can go to him and get an honest opinion. He has accepted me into his family without reservation. He is interested in what is going on in our lives and in our children's lives. He always wants what is best for us and I know that he loves us.

Lastly is my husband, the father of my children, he is such a support and friend to me. He is a fantastic father, he can always get Joseph out of his bad moods, he knows just what to say to Ashley to make her happy, and he plays with Samuel just to make him happy. He always has time for the children, even when he is busy with work or church assignments he will pause when one of them comes up to him and give them a hug. He love singing with them, our children know all sorts of music through him. He is teaching them the gospel principles and setting an example for them to follow. I love him, the children love him and I know that he love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment