Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Sound of Silence

Isn't silence grand, at my house at the moment the only noise I can hear is my Dishwasher going and some work men out the front. The kids are all back at school and life is getting back to normal. I like the school holidays, the fact that we don't have to rush around getting ready, we don't have to do homework or find things to take to show and tell. But I also like school days when I can drop them all off and have 3 hours of peace. Yesterday I used my time wisely, first I had to have breakfast, this consisted of a diet shake in front of the computer, then my walking buddy (Piper) and I went out for a walk together, then I had to come home and do my ironing. When I say mine I actually mean Adam's work shirts. Now I don't mind ironing, I just hate it when i forget to do it and then I have to do it in a rush or Adam ends up having to do it. My mother has set me a very good example she always made sure that my dad had a shirt to wear for work and church. This is one small thing I can do to help Adam at work, I like to contribute in small ways. Trying to make the house tidy, making sure dinner was ready, making sure everyone had clean clothes. I think that by doing all these small things I am contributing and making our lives a little bit less stressful.

Now today I am not doing much yet, it is freezing outside so I think my walking buddy will have to miss her walk today. I have washing to do but I think it is going to rain, I will still do some, but the dryer is not as good as the clothes line and it costs more. I have to admit that I hate putting clothes away, I always wait until I really have to and I am afraid that time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment